Corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”), as a strategic practice, is key to organizational success since it can positively impact all three elements of the Triple Bottom Line (Economic, Environmental and Social) while contributing to long-term sustainability of a community and business. Since CSR can influence a variety of factors, there is no “one size fits all” approach. An effective CSR strategy considers the alignment of the organization’s business strategy, commercial value, and sustainability of impact.
An effective CSR approach provides an organization the following benefits:
- Enhanced employee relations and company culture
- Improved relations with the investment community and access to capital
- Risk management and access to social opportunities
- Stronger performance and profitability
- Stronger relationships with communities and legal regulators
QED believes in a practical and open approach to its CSR projects. We have made it our business to ensure that operations should not compromise the wellbeing of current or future generations. We are also conscious of and work hard to preserve a particular community’s environmental footprint. This kind of responsible behavior and maintaining high ethical standards have been our code for long-term business success.
For QED this means:
- Acting with respect for people, communities, the environment and cultural differences in which we do our projects
- A strong sense of transparency and accountability for our stakeholders that respect the rule of law and human rights
- Contributing to development goals of the communities we work and providing professional opportunities for its residents
- Integrating sustainability into our strategy, planning, implementation and management systems
- Providing straight forward reporting on our management systems and performance
Quest Exploration Drilling is fully aware of and acceptsits responsibility to engage and help the people of the communities in which we operate. The Group’s policy on Corporate Social Responsibility is currently under review and details will be announced, along with case studies and project information, in due course.