An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a set of processes and practices that enable an organization to reduce its environmental impact and increase its operating efficiency. This framework helps a company achieve its environmental goals through consistent control of its operations. Each company’s EMS is tailored to the company’s specific business needs and goals that help them address regulatory demands in a systematic and cost-effective manner. Energy conservation, a stronger operational control and employee stewardship are just some of the non-regulated issues EMS addresses. The EMS proactive approach helps reduce the risk of non-compliance and improve health and safety practices for both the employees and the public.
Running an effective EMS can help a company with:
- An improved environmental performance and compliance – an EMS helps ensure that your environmental legal responsibilities are met and are easily managed on a day-to-day basis.
- Resource conservation and pollution prevention – an EMS will provide your company with the necessary policies and procedures that help manage waste and resources effectively while reducing costs.
- A credible image with the public, regulators, lenders, investors – an EMS will help you prove your business’ credentials as an environmentally aware operation that has made a commitment to continued environmental improvement.
- Employee awareness of environmental issues and responsibilities that also help raise employee morale
- The potential to make new customers and tap other markets/industries increase with an effective EMS in place
Through its own Environment Management System (EMS), QED is committed to protecting the environment and minimizing the impact of present and future drilling activities. Management views this as a fundamental element to business success.
QED is committed to:
- Ensuring management and employees work together to limit adverse environmental effects on all its projects sites
- Demonstrating responsible and diligent governance of its operations
- Managing continued improvement in environmental performance
QED will strive to achieve its goals by:
- Providing visible leadership that promotes good environmental performance
- Complying with, and where appropriate, exceeding the requirements of all applicable legislation
- Integrating environmental management into key business and planning processes
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining realistic environmental objectives and targets for any project through regular review and audit
- Ensuring all personnel have the necessary skill, knowledge and resources to fulfil their environmental responsibilities through education and training
- Engaging the services of expert external personnel for advice on environmental matters, where necessary
- Ensuring subcontractors demonstrate the same level of commitment as Quest Exploration Drilling in the management of environmental issues and compliance to any project environmental program